- March 1999, Doctor of Philosophy (Economics), University of Bristol (GB);
- School of Quantitative Methods, Essex University (GB), June-July 1987 and June-July 1988 ;
- July 1983, Master of Social Sciences (Local Government and Health Services), University of Birmingham (GB);
- June 1981, Laurea (MA) in Economics and Social Sciences, University L. Bocconi of Milan (IT).
- October 2006 Full Professor of Economics at the Department of Economics University of Trento;
- October 2005 Director curriculum in Behavioural Economics PhD Program in Economics and management Faculty of Economics University of Trento
- June 2004; June 2006; June 2008; co-director (with prof. David Laibson and prof. Matthew Rabin) of the Russell Sage Summer Institute in Behavioral Economics
- October 2000, Associate Professor of Public Economics;
- September 1998 Director of CEEL (Computable and Experimental Economics Laboratory, University of Trento)
- September 1996, President of TECS (Technologies for Experimental and Computational Economics), University of Trento (IT);
- September 1992-1998, Member of the Committee for Local Public Finance, Province of Trento (IT);
- April 1990, Assistant Professor of Public Economics at the Department of Economics University of Trento (IT);
- April 1987, Research Project Leader at IreR (Institute for Regional Researches of the Lombard Region);
- October 1985, Researcher at IReR;
- September 1983, Junior Researcher at Ufficio Studi (research office) of the Milan City Council;
Member of the Italian Economic Society; member of the Italian Public Economic Society, member of the Italian Association of Health Economics,
member of the International Association of Research in Economic Psychology, member of the Italian Labour Economic Association,
President of TECS (Tecnologie per l’Economia Sperimentale e Computazionale), member of the Comitato per la Finanza Locale della
Provincia Autonoma di Trento (1991-2000), Scientific Advisor of the Istituto di Ricerca Sociale della Regione Trentino-Alto Adige.
- Prof. Erich Kirchler, Institut für Wirtschaftspsychologie, Bildungspsychologie und Evaluation University of Vienna.
- Prof. Paola Manzini e prof. Marco Mariotti, Department of Economics, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Prof. Andreas Ortmann, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Economics Institute.
- Public and Health Economics: analysis of the production of public services, economic analysis of the financial transfers from Central
to Local Authorities, workers motivations in non profit organisations;
- Experimental economics: fiscal evasion theory, consumer behaviour; mental modelling of uncertain events;
intertemporal choices, cooperation among agents;
- Computational economics: fiscal system dynamic with heterogeneous agents.
Very near to obtain (I could not finish the final year of lessons!)
a diploma in sculpture from the Arts Academy of Brera (Milan); International
Parachutist Licence; Advanced Open Water Diver Licence; Rescue Diver Licence;
Apnea Academy Licence advanced level; cycling.
Department of Economics
via Inama, 5 I-38100 Trento tel. +39 461 282201